Sue Stock is quickly becoming one of my FAVORITE N&O writers, but no one can ever replace Dennis Rogers. Ashton Smith has always been one of my favorites, and I love her even more for sending me a daily update of what Sue (and other Raleighs) are covering!
From Cameron Village Evolves:
One reason is that the center is continually evolving, in an effort to stay fresh in the face of ever-increasing competition from new malls and the consumer spending slowdown. The changes at Cameron Village tend to come in waves, and I’ve got several to report:
* Cherry Modern Design is closing this month, and home furnishings and accessories store Carlton & Co. will relocate to the Cherry Modern Design space on June 1.
* Foster’s restaurant — formerly Nelsons — will reopen Thursday.
* Cameron Bar & Grill will open this coming week. It is owned by the folks who own the North Ridge Pub and Cafe Tiramisu in North Raleigh. (See my perpetual blogs on this.)
* Next door, a chain called The Flying Biscuit Cafe will open its first Triangle store this fall, selling a vast array of biscuit-related food. Its only other North Carolina store is in Charlotte. (Mmmm… biscuits.)
* BurgerDawgz will open next to Piccola Italia late this year or early next year, serving milkshakes, burgers, hot dogs and sandwiches. (The BF will LOVE this.)